The Affiliation For Driving Licence Verification (www.ADLV.co.uk) is to work intently with the DVLA on the implementation of GDPR (Normal Knowledge Safety Regulation) for the ADD service. By serving to to elucidate the GDPR guidelines for its members’ fleet clients, the ADLV believes that discussions will assist to outline the trade normal.
The ADLV will assist members with an advisory doc for fleet managers, which is able to embrace such subjects as:
- The content material of Privateness Notices on how the information shall be used and the way lengthy data could be held.
- Required Audit trails and what occurs to the information afterwards.
- The appropriate to be forgotten.
- Potential adjustments within the mandate and the related phrases and processes.
- Required Coaching Points.
Commenting on the brand new laws, Terry Hiles ADLV Director and Industrial Director of Licence Examine Ltd., famous, “GDPR goes to current a problem to a worryingly giant variety of companies which have hitherto assumed that sitting beside the motive force to take a look at their licence particulars utilizing the DVLA’s service for people is adequate proof of consent. As an affiliation, chatting with companies of all sizes within the UK, we discover that our members encounter this every day. The truth is although that this service is for the person driver’s use solely.”
Commenting on the joint discussions with the DVLA, Kevin Curtis ADLV director and Managing Director of Driving Monitor added, “GDPR is the most important information problem on the horizon for fleet managers. Nevertheless, the ADLV shall be advising our members on methods to put together totally for the adjustments forward. We’re delighted to be working with the DVLA as a brand new contract is being ready for ADD customers.”
“ADLV intention to publish a membership advisory doc early 2018 and shall be out there to reply queries for members on-line. “
For her half, Donna Jones, Senior Industrial Knowledge Sharing Supervisor at DVLA Commented, “We welcome the recommendation that’s to be given to ADLV members. The DVLA has been endeavor an in depth overview of all its contracts in relation to GDPR, together with the ADD contract which we anticipate to rollout in March 2018, in readiness for the brand new laws being carried out from 25 Could 2018.”
Observe To Editors: Concerning the ADLV (www.adlv.co.uk)
The Affiliation for Driving License Verification has been established to advertise and encourage greatest observe inside the trade for the preliminary and continued validation of driver entitlement for accountable employers and highway security.
The affiliation’s remit is:
- to signify the pursuits of its members to the DVLA on coverage, legislative and regulatory issues inside a strict code of conduct.
- to behave because the conduit in any session or related train that’s prone to have an effect on Members.
- to signify Member and trade considerations to the Driver Car and Licensing Company and Division for Transport (“DVLA/DfT”).
- to encourage wider take-up of driving licence checking by organisations and the introduction of normal and applicable re-checks thereafter.
- to train skilled supervision over Members via the formulation of agreed minimal requirements of excellent observe for the trade making certain Members meet and keep minimal acceptable requirements of safety in relation to the dealing with and safeguarding of private information.
For additional data, please contact:
M +44 (zero) 7976 538554
The Proper Picture
M 07758 372527