Tyler Christopher is one of the most underrated names in the Industry. Fans were eager to know Tyler Christopher net worth following his demise. In this article, you’ll get a clear insight into Tyler and his net worth, and 10 lesser-known facts that you may not know.
Table of Contents
Tyler Christopher Net Worth and Cause of Death:
Who is Tyler Christopher?
Tyler Christopher Baker was a 50-year-old American actor who is known for his roles as Nikolas Cassadine and Connor Bishop on the ABC soap opera General Hospital. Tyler was born on November 11, 1972, in Joliet, Illinois, USA. His parents were Jim and Jimi-Ann Baker and he was the youngest of the four children. Tyler grew up in Delaware, Ohio, and completed his graduation from Ohio Wesleyan University and then moved to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career.
Notable Works of Tyler Christopher:
Tyler started his career in 1993 with an audition for the role of Stone Cates in “General Hospital” but Michael Sutton was selected for the role. However, in 1996, Tyler was cast for the role of Nikolas Cassadine in “General Hospital” for a three-year deal. In 1999, he refused to renew his contract and made a few appearances in primetime following his departure from the show. In 2003, he again returned to “General Hospital”. In 2011 he departed from the show again for ABC’s new show “The Lying Game”. However, he returned to the show in 2013 and continued his role as Nikolas Cassadine till 2016.
Tyler Christopher’s other notable works include Ethan (The Pretender), Michael (Catfish in Black Bean Sauce), Dan Whitehorse (The Lying Game), and Stefan DiMera (Days of Our Lives).
Tyler has won multiple awards for “General Hospital”. The awards include Soap Opera Digest Award- Best Newcomer (1997), First Americans in the Arts- Outstanding Performer in a Television Series (1997), Daytime Emmy Award- Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series (nominated) (1998), TV Guide- 12 Hottest Daytime Stars (1998), and NAACP Image Award- Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series (nominated) (2004). He was also nominated for the Daytime Emmy Award- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his role as Stefan DiMera (Days of Our Lives).
Tyler Christopher’s Family:
Tyler married Eva Longoria (2002-04), an American actress, producer and director. Following his divorce he married auto racing reporter Brienne Pedigo in 2008. Brienne and Tyler filed a divorce in 2019 and finally in 2021, the couple separated from each other.
Tyler and Brienne had their first child Greysun James, on October 3, 2009. In 2014, the couple announced the expected arrival of a second child. On May 3, 2015, Christopher announced the birth of a baby girl, Boheme.
Tyler Christopher’s Dating History:
Apart from Eva and Brienn, Tyler was previously engaged to “General Hospital” co-star Vanessa Marcil. He also dated Rebecca Shaw of the show Natalia Livingston.
Tyler Christopher’s Cause of Death:
On 31st October, 2023 Tyler Christopher passed away due to a cardiac event in his San Diego apartment. Actor Maurice Benard confirmed this news on Instagram. Tyler had struggled with bipolar depression and alcohol addiction but later overcoming those obstacles he became an advocate for better mental health and substance use treatment by giving his own example to overcome those obstacles.
Tyler Christopher Net Worth:
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Tyler Christopher’s net worth is $7 million. The majority of his earnings came from his acting career.
10 Lesser-Known Facts About Tyler Christopher:
1. Tyler’s parents used to think they had a natural American heritage. But a DNA test taken by his father and sister showed that they had no American ancestry.
2. On November 11, 2019, Tyler was arrested and charged with public intoxication in Martinsville, Indiana but later released by paying a small fine.
3. Tyler Christopher debuted in the film as Cole Malby in “Out of the Black” (2001).
4. Tyler was a good sportsperson. He used to play basketball, football, and golf in his free time.
5. Tyler first auditioned for the role of Stone Cates in “General Hospital”. Later he was cast as Nikolas Cassadine.
6. Tyler was a good musician. He can play instruments like guitar and piano.
7. Apart from English, Tyler Christopher fluently spoke Italian and Spanish.
8. Apart from advocating for better mental health, he was also an advocate of environmental conservation.
9. Tyler was an excellent voice actor as well. He gave his voice in multiple animated movies and series such as F.R.E.D.I.
10. Tyler was an excellent martial artist. He was a practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
What Roles Did Tyler Christopher Play?
Tyler played the roles of Nikolas Cassadine and Connor Bishop in the ABC soap opera General Hospital. He also played Dan Whitehorse (The Lying Game), and Stefan DiMera (Days of Our Lives).