Barbie has become the highest-grossing movie in 2023 beating its rivals Oppenheimer and Super Mario by generating $1.4 bn in the worldwide box office.
Unlikely any other film can draw so much audience this year to beat the collection of Barbie. The film is already the highest-grossing film for Warner Bros in their 100-year-old history.
Directed by Greta Gerwig, ‘Barbie’ has become a cultural phenomenon as many fans dressed in pink for the movie. Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, the leading characters of the film also take an important part in influencing the audience.
Barbie and Oppenheimer were among the last few movies that actors could promote before the screen-actors Guild, went on strike in mid-July. Filmmakers and actors were banned to attend and participate in premiers and press interviews to discuss their work and future projects.
This week ‘Barbie’ stood second just after the ‘Equalizer 3’ in terms of weekend earnings. The action-packed movie earned $34.5 million gross whereas ‘Barbie’ has made $10.6 million, which is not bad.
- Is It Necessary to Watch ‘The Nun’ before watching ‘The Nun 2’?
- Will Zendaya Play a Villain Role in the Future?
- One Piece breaks all records on Rotten Tomatoes
- The Hunger Games director pointed out the difference between Jennifer Lawrence and Rachel Zegler’s characters
- All is not well with Denzel Washington’s “The Equalizer 3”